Welcome to Mama Bear Apologetics! The original recording was a bit long so we divided it up into two parts.
Here Rebekah and I give an overview of what Mama Bear Apologetics is, where we got the idea, what our own personal stories are and some helpful resources.
We cover some basic topics like:
- The Trilemma (podcast to follow)
- Nicene Creed (see below)
- Evidences for the resurrection – I recommend the relevant chapters in J. Warner Wallace’s book Cold Case Christianity
- Core vs Peripheral doubt (podcast and blogs to follow)
- An interesting analogy of atheism from Celiac disease (blog to follow)
- Lee Strobel’s “Case for…” series – Case for Christ, Case for Grace, Case for A Creator, and Case for… kids series
- J. Warner Wallace’s Cold Case Christianity (see link above)
- CS Lewis Narnia Series
- Families and Faith by Vern L. Bengsten (see my book review here)
- UK telegraph article Mom’s get asked nearly 300 questions a day
**As a reminder, we get no money for any of the books we link you to. In fact, it hurts our google standings to provide the outside link because it sends you away from our site, but we provide them anyways because we’re awesome like that and know that you are busy and would rather not have to take the time to type everything yourself. You’re welcome.
We believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
begotten from the Father before all ages,
God from God,
Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made;
of the same essence as the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven;
he became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary,
and was made human.
He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered and was buried.
The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again with glory
to judge the living and the dead.
His kingdom will never end.
And we believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life.
He proceeds from the Father and the Son,
and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified.
He spoke through the prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church.
We affirm one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look forward to the resurrection of the dead,
and to life in the world to come. Amen.
Hillary Morgan Ferrer is the founder of Mama Bear Apologetics. She is the chief author and editor of Mama Bear Apologetics: Empowering Your Kids to Challenge Cultural Lies and Mama Bear Apologetics Guide to Sexuality: Empowering Your Kids to Understand and Live Out God’s Design. Hillary has her masters in Biology and has been married to her husband, Dr. John D. Ferrer, for 15 years. Don’t let her cook for you. She’ll burn your house straight to the ground.