The Lord says we have not because we ask not…
so we’re just putting this out there.
We very excited about Mama Bear, but it has been quite an undertaking to get the website up, and learn how to podcast. So if there is anyone out there who has any expertise in the following, it would be most welcome:
1) Volunteer graphic designer to design our title images when articles are written and podcasts are posted. Preferably someone who has access to royalty free stock photography, and lots of fonts (and knows how to use them).
2) Webmaster – the website is very basic, and there several things we would love to do with it. However, we do not have the expertise.
3) Marketing/Promotions – If you love what Mama Bear is doing and have a background in marketing/promotions (and particularly social media) and would like to contribute your time and expertise, we will happily accept your offer!
4) Content – We don’t just want to get OUR message out. We want to empower you ladies! If you are a busy mom, and don’t want to manage your own website, but still have something to say, we want to hear it! Email Hillary at email@example.com to see if your idea would be a good fit.
In the past, all our Mama Bears have all been provided for by outside employment. However, that is no longer the case. I (Hillary) have now taken Mama Bear Apologetics on as my full-time work, but I have yet to take a salary. My goal is to be able to take a small salary, and also hire an assistant who can do a lot of the non-interactive activities that eat up a lot of time. We have so many things we would like to do, but we need both funds and manpower. If you have been blessed by what Mama Bear Apologetics does, and the Lord has provided you with gainful employment, would you please consider automatic monthly giving to Mama Bear? We operate under the umbrella 501c3 organization Faith and Learning International, and all gifts to Mama Bear Apologetics are tax deductible. Mama Bear Apologetics operates under a board of advisors and has a 2 step, independent reviewal process for all funds that are used.
Please consider a one time or monthly gift by going to our donate page.
Here is the breakdown of our financial goals:
- Salary for MBA Director, assistant and small stipend for 2 assistant mama bears who will also raise the remainder of their support
- Attend and/or present at homeschool, apologetics, and women’s conferences 4x yearly
- Booth – $1500
- Travel and lodging for two mama bears – $1000
- Marketing materials and books: $500
- Total – about $3000 per conference x 4 = $12,000
- Marketing materials – approximate yearly
- Business cards for all mama bears – $500
- Magnets – $1000
- Marketing flyers for all conferences – $2000
- Yearly Subscriptions:
- Stock photography – $99
- Podcasts hosting – $300
- Domain and hosing – $100
- Mail Chimp – $200
- Shareaholic social plugin – $100
- Askimet spam protection – $60
- Miscellaneous (yearly or one time)
- $2000 (audio/video equipment)
- Website assistance – $2000
- Graphic design assistance – $1000
Total yearly goal: $72,860
We are currently (as of 5-20-19) about 1/7 of the way there. (~10,000 year raised)
— As Mama Bear grows, for the Lord to give us the personnel and financial resources to grow with it.
— More Mama Bears! We want this to be a collaborative effort by women who are passionate about moms being equipped in apologetics.
— Protection against spiritual attack that inevitably comes whenever you enter public ministry.
— For God to begin moving in women in apologetics – women who understand that intellectual attack that our kids are facing on a regular basis and who are willing to rise up, band together, and promote an intelligent Christian faith.
— Partners in ministry – please pray that the Lord would bring individuals into our lives that are passionate about moms and apologetics and who have skills that we don’t – specifically in web maintenance, app creation, administration, web conferencing, and audio/video production.
— Apologetics partner for me (Hillary) in Pella, IA. I left my apologetics friends and my ministry partner Rebekah back in Dallas. Please pray that God would provide for me another woman who shares my passion and wants to serve here, in our hometown, equipping women and moms.