SPOILER ALERT: We talk about some specific films in this episode and talk directly about their endings. Some of the references include Iron Man, Inside Out, and the Harry Potter films.
Frank Turek, founder of and president of CrossExamined, joins Amy to talk about his book, Hollywood Heroes, which he co-authored with his son, Zach. This podcast will help parents find ways to incorporate culture, specifically superheroes, into real-life lessons about our ultimate hero, Jesus.
Main Points Covered:
- Why does this book matter today?
- Superheroes can point your kids to Jesus.
- What about parents being hesitant about watching some of these “hero” movies?
- You can use fictional stories to teach biblical truths.
- Iron Man character arc
- With proper supervision, these kinds of films can point kids to Christ.
Proverbs 4:23 – “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
“If the demons can recognize Jesus, secular sources can point to Christ.” – Amy Davison
“Christianity rescues us from this world of pain and suffering.” – Frank Turek
“The common theme in hero movies is sacrifice, which is what Jesus did for us.” – Frank Turek
Questions or ideas? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate to the podcast on our website.
We are all in this together, so sometimes our posts are a bit of all of us.